Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Is October Over Yet?






Well, until now I did not have much to post about. But with the events around here lately, they seemed blog worthy to me. We started off this month in Michigan visiting family. Ella caught Hand Foot and Mouth disease (not to be confused with hoof and mouth disease), she had been exposed to it the week before we left and I thought she was in the clear until the morning we were leaving. She was pitiful, we managed to have a great trip, even though Joe caught it and we also passed it to family members in MI. Coming home I thought we would be in the clear of anymore events, until the other night.........Josephine was walking around the house with a blanket on her head(that's normal right?) and somehow managed to hit her chin on the coffee table, It took her 3o min to calm down and I seriously thought she broke her chin( can you even do that?) going to the emergency room crossed our mind, but she calmed down and now has a nasty bruise. While we were calming Josephine down, Ella managed to fall off the kitchen chair and hit her head on the floor......she started one of those cries that you can't hear that lasted for what felt like 5 minutes.....she calmed down and we checked her eyes for dilation and she was fine, I was still worried to put her to bed. Everything was uneventful until last night when Ella managed to close her own finger in the laundry room door, she closed it all the way. We thought she broke it, it was smashed and misshapen and swelling. She has never cried like that before and we could not calm her down, we decided to head for the emergency room at 8:00 last nite, we called Jim and Krista to see if we could drop Josephine off at their house. We got in the car and of course we were on E (Joe was not very happy with me). By the time we got gas and arrived at J & K's, Ella was smiling and starting to bend her finger. By the time she saw Max and Julianna we new she was fine. This morning Josephine woke up and said that she felt sick and not long after she got sick......I am praying that she is OK......she's been completely fine ever since then. Well that has been October so far for us. Anymore injuries in this house, we may get a visit from the Authorities!!!!:)

12 comments:

Gina said...

I am so sorry about all the ER close calls!! You know I can relate. We have all been to the ER and so many different Dr's that a few months back they actually sent us a payment!! Seriously, I had actually over paid them by 53.00. Of course I had no clue. I'll be praying for God's protection like a blanket over your home and family!
Love you!
Gina

Julie Young said...

Man it sounds like ya'll have a had a rough October. Glad that all the injuries are ok now. Glad to see you are back in the blogging world also! :)

Scarlett said...

Hey girl! Don't feel bad. Just about an hour ago, Bonnie snuck into the kitchen and I realized I hadn't heard her in a while and I found her with my Rolaids in her hand and about 3 in her mouth. I called poison control just to be safe and it's all good now. Oh, and who in the world did she catch hand/foot/mouth disease from? It must have been so nasty unclean kid or something! HA! Bonnie has ringworm on her back now that I believe came from the cat outside! Crazy October...you can say that again! :)

Meredith said...

I am so sorry! I can relate...my son is always hurting himself. That chin looks rough, by the way! Brady got the stomach virus while I was gone to Zoe. He was at my in-laws (you might have read my blog). I guess we managed to avoid it (knock on wood)! I hope everything calms down at your house!

LucisMomma said...

When it rains it pours! I bet you heard that one this past week. :) Sorry you had such a traumatic October. Bryan had hand foot and mouth disease before, he was pitiful, too.

Hope the rest of the month is quiet for you...but watch out! Trunk or Treat is next Saturday!

Will and Melodie said...

Well girl I asked you to blog, but I didn't know it was going to be so traumatic! My word, what a month! I hope that by your next blog you will be rested and well!

Anonymous said...

good grief! hope things calm down!

Cortnie said...

I guess we aren't done yet, Ella got the stomach bug, we were up all night last nite and today was supposed to be her Birthday party. She's pitiful..thanks for the prayers and concern all!

Gena said...

yah! its november?!! :)

LucisMomma said...

I think Luic has hand foot and mouth disease now! :( Is it going around church? We were at the YMCA last week, I need to tell them to watch out for it. Bummer.

susan

Gena said...

cort! of corse i am talking to you! i love you too. thanks for commenting miss comment queen :)

Meredith said...

To answer your question...Yes, October is over, and so is November, practically, so let us hear what's going on with y'all!!