Monday, July 23, 2007

4th Generation Friends




This is Sadie And Josephine, 4 th Generation Friends. My Best friend and her family from Michigan came for a visit this past week. It was so awesome to see them and It was so fun to watch our girls play. Sara and I have been friends since birth. Our mothers were friends and our Grandmothers were next door neighbors and friends for 40+ years. God has used Sara and her family to show me what being a Christian is all about. My family, from my grandparents down would not be where we are today if it was not for their example.
Sara and I have been from Elementary school to junior high to high school together. We were college roommates. We spent New years eve together every year, Christmas's, Birthday's, Youth Group, Winter Camp, We were Maid of honor in each other's weddings. We played dress up, we dressed up Barbie's. I taught her how to iron (that's a really funny story). I did her laundry in college and made sure she had matching socks(she always had miss matched socks, and it drove me crazy). I could go on and on!
Having her here this week reminded me of all these things and how much I love and miss her. I felt that "Comfortable" feeling that I hadn't felt in along time when she was here. Bonds like that are not very common and I am so thankful for her!!!

6 comments:

Julie Young said...

Those kind of friends are hard to come about. Glad that you girls had fun. You will have to post about the ironing story one day.

Cortnie said...

Julie, the funny part about the ironing is that, I really didn't teach her anything except for how to SCORCH a shirt. It ended up with a big brown stain on it. I begged her not to tell her mom, but she did. I didn't get in trouble but her mom still thinks its funny to this day.

Scarlett said...

That's awesome Cortnie that you can see the 4 generations of friends. That's pretty uncommon! I'm glad you had a great time. Seeing your best bud kind of brings a ray of warmth to your life for a while. I'm gonna meet up with mine in Chicago in a couple of weeks....oh and we need to get the girls together again soon!

Julie Young said...

By the way....Happy late Birthday!!

Cortnie said...

Thank you Julie!!!

Gina said...

Aww! I love that story! It is such an inspiration and testimony to the powerful influence of Christian friends. Love you!