Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Here I Go


Well, we just got back from the beach and I decided to post a few pics and break the silence on my blog. Amy and Scarlett tagged me to post so here it goes!

50 things about me
1. This is my first blog post ever (and it may be the last)
2. I am very frightened of tornadoes
3. I eat my french fries with tarter sauce (mostly just at McDonald's)
4. I analyze everything way to much
5. I need things to match (but I'm trying to break out of that box some)
6. I hate stains and go through at least a bottle of SHOUT a week
7. I love to shop and find things on clearance ( I think it is becoming quite a problem)
8. I LOVE going out to eat
9. I wish I could wear comfy pj's all the time ( and yes they have to match)
10. I bring my own sheets and blanket when I stay in a hotel or recently to our beach condo( i did not bring the right size for our bed so I went and bought some at walmart)
11. I could eat at Zaxby's every day and I have eaten there twice in one day before
12. I am very blessed with 2 beautiful children and a committed husband
13. My parents are divorced and have both been remarried, my Dad divorced again
14. My middle name is Dawn
15. Scarlett, I too have never broken a bone
16. My friends are gifts from God
17. I wish my Grandma was still alive so that she could meet my children, Josephine is named after her
18. In high school I took a job placement test and I scored high for interior design( imagine that)
19. Journalism was my favorite class in High school, I was an editor
20. I LOVE Target!!!!!!! but HATE their return policy
21. I love coffee and ice cream, not always at the same time
22. I love to play games and cards
23. I struggle with raising my voice, OK, YELLING, when I'm frustrated and stressed
24. I try to be considerate of others feelings in various situations
25. Honesty is important to me
26. Dr.Pepper is my preferred drink right now
27. I want to be the kind of mom that my kids want to spend time with when they are older (maybe I should stop yelling)
28. I loved fish sandwiches form Captain D's when I was pregnant with Josephine, with Ella I just wanted to eat out all the time( which isn't much different from normal)
29. I like to make lists
30. I have a hard time throwing away papers, and end up with stacks of them everywhere
31. I love bins and baskets
32. I love the sun and I think the beach is becoming my favorite vacation spot!
33. When I was a kid I liked to sit in my room and sing hymns from the "Songs of the Church" blue song book
34. I have a hard time deleting pictures off my digital camera, even if there are useless. I just recently erased some pictures of Josephine when she was a baby and she will be 4 in September
35. I also love flip flops, Etta and Meredith
36. Everyone thinks my microwave is a bread machine( I am so running out of things to say)
37. I can't stand dry skin and sometimes apply lotion to myself and my kids more than once a day
38. I Love watching Survivor, Amazing Race , American Idol, Heroes, Scrubs
39. I Love Movies and Music and wish I could spend more time enjoying them
40. I try to be someone you can rely on
41. I am not very confident
42. I can be very indecisive, yet opinionated
43. I wish my sister lived closer
44. I like to Scrapbook and can't wait to start Ella's Book, I finally finished Josephine's first year.
45. I don't plan on having anymore kids
46. God has taught me so much in the last 5 years
47. I used to play Playstation games like Tomb Raider for hours on end, before I had kids
48. Having a blog, with something written on it, freaks me out
49. I have a tiny bit of Egyptian in my family lineage
50. I pray that my family will be faithful to God for MANY Generations

Thats it for me!!!!! Peace out Brother!!!(as Joe would say)








12 comments:

Unknown said...

Cortnie,

I also collect "stacks" of papers around my house. And, I have a hard time deleting pics off my digital camera (card). I actually refuse to delete any from the day Justin Michael was born. Justin thinks this is ridiculous. And I haven't even started his scrapbook.

Etta

Anonymous said...

YEAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! So glad you blogged. Please keep it going!

Scarlett said...

Cortnie, Please keep blogging. The first one is a little scary, but it will get easier later and I think you'll enjoy releasing your thoughts! :)

My middle name is Dawn also! I didn't know that about you. Also, I am 100% with you on the Target thing--hate the return policy! :)

Scarlett said...

Oh, and I just looked at your profile. Does it freak you out a little that after one day of blogging, you've already had 186 profile views? (don't let that freak you out okay? :)

Julie Young said...

That is so funny about the sheets and blankets. HA! You are the first person that I have ever heard of that does that. I think that is so kool! See you tonight at BUNCO!! :)
Julie

Cortnie said...

Julie, its your turn to post now:) and Etta we have lots in common!
and Scarlett Dawn, I've had this blog for awhile so people have probably been checking to see if I would ever write.
Thanks for the comments!

Scarlett said...

I wasn't thinking about the fact that you've had the profile for a while! DUH, Scarlett.....

Kimberly said...

I too should have a blog called speechless. I am a frequent lurker of everyone's blog but never a blogger. Good first blog. See you tonight.

Meredith said...

Yea Cortnie! Keep blogging. You have to admit that this is a pretty fun topic to post. Also, Lisa (Ethan's wife) also takes her own sheets to hotels and condos. I'm also glad you're seeing how AWESOME of a vacation spot the beach is! WOOHOO!!!

Gena said...

2 things i learned:
interior design thingie...not suprised, your house looks great and
the songs of the church?! that is so cute.

and who knew you liked to eat out?! :)

this looks fun. glad to see you post.
love you!

Will and Melodie said...

So glad you blogged! Just one more for me to read! I am a huge fan of the lists. (I'm making one in between reading blogs). Love it!

Gina said...

I can't believe I didn't post before (I must have gotten distracted), but I wanted to tell you that I did #33, too. And during sermons I faithfully wrote down every single verse reference. I'm not sure why I did that, because I rarely looked at them again! Loved your list!